If there is anything guaranteed to get my blood boiling, it's duplicates. They mess up everything, from your file system to your music collection, so deal with them before they become a problem.
AcuteFinder is a duplicate finder for advanced users, especially people with a considerable volume of files in which duplicates might appear. Why? Well, AcuteFinder is a comprehensive program, with very advanced duplicate finding options and a huge range of configuration settings. Although AcuteFinder will happily search through your music collection for doubled-up MP3s, its power and range of functions means that it might be overkill for more low-key users.
Among AcuteFinder's major pros are the extensive exclusion/inclusion criteria you can apply to searches, the other configuration options and the speed of searches. It doesn't search on the basis of file name, but by analyzing the checksum, which almost guarantees results free of false positives. AcuteFinder doesn’t automatically erase the duplicates, but leaves you free to take whatever action you deem most appropriate. Because of this, you should be careful not to erase anything important by mistake.
AcuteFinder is a powerful dupe tool for advanced users.
- Faster searching, 50-70% and even up to 5 times faster when using CRC-cache
- Easier marking of files to process, using checkboxes (old method still available)
- Mark all files in folder (using Ctrl-D - very useful)
- Marking of selection can be toggled using Insert key or Space bar
- Mark all but one file pr. set
- Automatic check for updates at regular intervals
- Various new options, including: use advanced sort for secondary column, ignore file size during search (e.g. for name only duplicates), search hidden folders